â–º Listen Live
HomeNewsWhispering Ridge Community School students asked to stay home Thursday if possible

Whispering Ridge Community School students asked to stay home Thursday if possible

A school in the Peace Wapiti School Division is asking families to keep their students home on Thursday if possible.

According to a letter the Whispering Ridge Community School shared with families the request is due to an “overwhelming level of staff absences” and the inability to fill these spaces with on-call staff.

“WRCS along with PWSD Central Office is requesting any parents who are able to keep their children from attending school tomorrow, December 14th, to please do so,” reads the letter from the K to 8 school. “For those parents unable to keep their children at home, please know the school will provide reasonable and appropriate supervision for the school day.”

The school is reportedly on Outbreak Status from Alberta Health Services because of the high volume of student absences connected to respiratory and gastrointestinal illness. According to school administration as of Monday, December 11th, additional cleaning measures have been implemented to stop the spread of illness.

- Advertisement -

Along with the request to keep students home, the school has cancelled swimming lessons on Thursday, December 14th for grade four and five students and postponed the upcoming Family Movie Night.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading