â–º Listen Live
HomeNewsNWP offering two new Educational Assistant certificates during Fall and Winter terms

NWP offering two new Educational Assistant certificates during Fall and Winter terms

Northwestern Polytechnic has launched two new online certificates for skill-building among educational assistants.

The Educational Assistant certificate specializing in Literacy Supports will be available starting in the Fall semester of this year, and an additional Educational Assistant certificate for Inclusion Supports will be added for the Winter 2025 term.

Both of the online certificates will take four months to complete, and NWP says students will see a work-integrated learning placement upon completion of their studies. Officials say that the work-integration approach will ensure students can more easily work towards their qualifications as they continue their current employment.

NWP President and CEO Dr. Vanessa Sheane says the implementation of the new certificates will open up more opportunities for Educational Assistants as the industry continues to grow.

- Advertisement -

“As classrooms strive for inclusive education, the need for qualified EA staff has grown exponentially,” she says. “NWP is doing our part to deliver timely workforce solutions.”

Currently, NWP offers a 12-month Educational Assistant program, and the two new certificates allow students to “prioritize” specific skills.

Additionally, NWP says upon completion of the certificates, both can be applied towards NWP’s full-year Educational Assistant certificate.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading