â–º Listen Live
HomeNewsGrande Prairie high school student selected to attend international WWI education program

Grande Prairie high school student selected to attend international WWI education program

Local high school student Brett English has been selected to participate in an international learning opportunity to explore historic sites around Europe.

Every year, the Vimy Foundation announces a select group of youth recipients who will participate in the Vimy Pilgrimage Award. According to the foundation, the experimental program provides Canadian youth between the ages of 14 and 17 the opportunity to participate in the pilgrimage across France and pay their respects at the Canadian National Vimy Memorial.

English will join 19 other students from across the country to travel across France and Belgium from April 3rd to April 10th.

The Vimy Foundation says the program includes daily visits to significant sites, museums, cemeteries, and World War One battlefields, with the intent to immerse students in the history and gain a better understanding of the impact the war has had on modern society.

- Advertisement -

The program promises that participants will gain transferable skills and perspectives to allow students to connect with their peers and other leaders in their communities.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading