Listen Live
HomeNewsNuVista donates $12,000 to Wembley school for new interactive technology in classrooms

NuVista donates $12,000 to Wembley school for new interactive technology in classrooms

10 classrooms at Wembley Elementary School are receiving new “interactive televisions” thanks to a $12,000 donation from NuVista Energy to update the classroom experience for students and teachers.

According to Peace Wapiti Communications Officer Kayla Klava, classrooms at Wembley have been utilizing Smartboards and projectors as old as 15 years old, so when NuVista asked the school if there were any projects in need of funding, Wembley suggested the replacement.

“It is the newest technology, they will be replacing the old Smartboards all the classrooms have been using,” she says. “Technology changes every day, so the students will be more with the times and have a better capability of hands-on learning.”

According to Wembley Principal Robin Lieverse, the televisions open up collaborative opportunities for students that the former technology couldn’t.

“They not only benefit kinaesthetic learners who need to move, and learn by “doing things”, but all students who learn in a variety of ways,” she says.

Wembley Elementary School says they have been working towards replacing the old technology for a “number of years” and NuVista’s donation has allowed the school to explore new, interactive technology for classrooms.