HomeNewsGPRC business students gearing up for annual conference

GPRC business students gearing up for annual conference

Second-year students at Grande Prairie Regional College are preparing to spend a day with their peers in the business world. The 30th annual GPRC Business Conference is set for March 19th.

Planned and organized by students in the Contemporary Issues in Business Class, the conference gives second-year students the chance to gain team building and leadership skills and make networking connections. It also gives business people in the Peace Region the opportunity to interact and bond with students.

This year’s keynote speaker is Tom Thompson. He was a business instructor at GPRC and helped establish the conference in the late 1980s. He held many different positions with the college over the years before becoming the President of Olds College in 2000. A position he held until retiring in the summer of 2017.

Other speakers will include Emily Tarney, Peter Lepinski, Shawna Miller, Lisa Maguire, Dave Doyle, Casey McLean, Cris Seppola, Travis Miller, Mariah Braun, Yuri Smith, Taj Johnson, Roberto Lopez, Lucas Hinks, Laryssa Haycock, Brandon Sperling, Mandy Van Dresar, Tim Burnham and Amanda Gruber.

The conference will be held at the Douglas J. Cardinal Performing Arts Centre from 8:30 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.