â–º Listen Live
HomeNewsNWP offering new Engineering diploma ahead of new facility opening

NWP offering new Engineering diploma ahead of new facility opening

Another development out of Northwestern Polytechnic came on May 16th when the post-secondary announced its plans to continue building a Power Engineering and Instrumentation Controls presence in Grande Prairie.

On top of the expansion of current education capacity through a $16 million Power Engineering and Instrumentation Lab, NWP announced the addition of a new two-year Power Engineering Technology Diploma set to begin this fall.

NWP President and CEO Dr. Vanessa Sheane says the implementation of the new diploma aligns with the school’s role in localizing education and building the workforce in Grande Prairie.

As our new Power Engineering and Instrumentation Laboratory continues to take shape, we are ensuring that we have the right programming mix to meet growing workforce demand,” she says. 

- Advertisement -

According to NWP, the school has been “limited” in years past when it comes to offering period one and two Instrumentation and Controls Technician apprenticeships due to a lack of space and equipment; however, through the new $16 million facility, the school opens up additional opportunities for students to better transition from their schooling to their career.

The new diploma will offer students the chance to learn thermodynamics, electricity, electronics, refrigeration, and air conditioning concepts, giving students the benefit of hands-on learning opportunities.

Despite the commissioning of the new facility being on track for 2026, eager students can apply to NWP’s Power Engineering Diploma Program online as the program has already opened up applications for the 2024-25 school year.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading