Listen Live
HomeNewsNomination deadline approaching for Community Foundation of Northwestern Alberta Student Awards

Nomination deadline approaching for Community Foundation of Northwestern Alberta Student Awards

The deadline for applications for the Community Foundation of Northwestern Alberta’s 2022 Student Awards is closing in, but those with the non-profit are still hoping to see a few more trickle in by the middle of the month.

CEO Laura LaValley says while they’re pleased with the uptake thus far, in an ideal world they will be able to allocate the entire grant total to those looking to enhance their post-secondary education.

“We are pleased with the response, but we certainly could use more applicants… just to ensure we are able to disperse all of the funding we have,” she says.

“We have over $40,000 in student awards available to students across northwestern ALberta, and we want to make sure we get the money in the hands of those students.”

- Advertisement -

LaValley says the scholarships are scholarships developed through the foundation, in line with donors’ wishes to help encourage students that are in certain areas of study.

“That includes apprecitices, health care professions, whether they’re looking at diplomas, certificates, degree programs, we are really looking to support all different kinds.”

The application deadline for the awards is set for August 15th, and you can find more information, including nomination links at the Community Foundation of Northwest Alberta website.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading