Listen Live
HomeNewsPublic search for missing man called off

Public search for missing man called off

- Advertisement -

At the request of his family, Wings of Mercy has called off its planned civilian search for Tommy Harrington. Organizer Shane Michaels says he spoke to members of the missing man’s family Tuesday morning and was told the search was no longer needed as his body may have been found.

“The information [given] to the family was enough for the family to say to us there is no point in conducting the search.”

MyGrandePrairieNow.com reached out to the RCMP but was told no information about the potential discovery of remains can be made public at this time.

20-year-old Harrington has been considered missing since the evening of January 5th, when he was believed to have been with his pickup truck on the Cinch Road, 70 kilometres north of the Hamlet of Grande Cache. Michaels says he can only imagine what the family has gone through since his disappearance was first reported.

- Advertisement -

“I know for a fact there is always a glimmer of hope, no matter how small the percentage of the possibility is, which is natural, everyone wants to hope.”

Wings of Mercy had been organizing a public search for Tommy Harrington including asking the public for supplies and boots on the ground support.

- Advertisement -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -

Continue Reading