Cash & Camping launches 2019 lottery
The kick off event for the 2019 Cash & Camping Lottery. Photo: Toni Dumais
Tickets for the 20th Cash & Camping Lottery are officially on sale. However, organizers know that with a tighter than usual economy, it may be difficult for some to easily part with their hard earned money.
“Looking forward to it and looking forward to a successful lottery but the up and downs of the economy are a reality,” says Dave Cook of the Swan City Rotary Club.
Cook laughs when he says he has played the lottery every year since its inception in 1999, but admits it’s not the thought of winning that keeps him coming back.
“We support over 50 organizations, non-profits and charities. Then there are our eight partners who are relying on the support from this lottery. If you can afford to take a chance, take a chance on us.”
- Organizations who will receive support from the lottery include:
- Bezanson Agricultural Society
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Grande Prairie & Area
- Camp Tamarack Association
- Grande Prairie Gymniks
- Grande Prairie Public School District Education Foundation
- Grande Prairie Rugby Football Club
- Peace Area Riding for the Disabled Society
- Seniors Outreach/Meals on Wheels
- Special Olympics Grande Prairie
You can grab your tickets from the big white tent just to the east of the Great Northern Casino, or online here. The deadline for tickets is July 6th.