Listen Live
HomeNewsAdvance polls open Tuesday in Peace Country

Advance polls open Tuesday in Peace Country

People in the Grande Prairie area looking to vote ahead of election day will get their chance starting Tuesday. Advance polling stations will be open in most places April 9th to 13th.

Six candidates are on the ballot for the Grande Prairie riding including Tracy Allard with the United Conservative Party, Grant Berg with the Alberta Party, Freedom Conservative Party candidate Bernard Hancock, Independent Rony Rajput, the Alberta Independence Party’s Ray Robertson, and the NDP’s Todd Russell.

In the Grande Prairie-Wapiti riding, Independent Terry Dueck is up against NDP’s Shannon Dunfield, the Alberta Party’s Jason Jones, and the UCP’s Travis Toews.

Finally, for the Central Peace-Notley riding, the UCP’s Todd Loewen will face off against the NDP’s Marg McCuaig-Boyd, the Alberta Party’s Travis McKim, and the Alberta Liberal Party’s Wayne F Meyer.

- Advertisement -

A list of advance polling stations listed by riding can be found below.

Grande Prairie
Returning Office at 603 11625 99 Street and Grande Prairie Regional College will be open for advanced polls 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. April 9th to 13th.

Grande Prairie-Wapiti
Grovedale Community Centre- Open 12 p.m. to 8 p.m. April 11th and 12th.
Grande Prairie-Wapiti Returning Office at 1030 1 Avenue in Beaverlodge- Open 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. April 9th to 13th.
Demmitt Community Hall- Open 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. on April 9th and 10th.
Clairmont Seniors Centre- Open 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., April 9th to 13th.
Grande Prairie Army and Navy Community Centre- 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. April 9th to 13th.

Central Peace- Notley
Mall on Main in Fairview, Greenview Multiplex Boardroom, Falher Regional Recreation Complex and Centennial Hall North Side Entrance will all be open 9 a.m. to 8 pm April 9th to 13th.

Greenview Multiplex second floor- Open April 10th to 12th from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.

GPRC Fairview Campus Administration building- April 11th from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.

All voters are required to show one piece of government-issued ID with their picture, current address and full name. If that’s not available people can also use a bank statement or utility bill with their address on it.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading