UPDATE: No ammonia has been found and operations have resumed at the centre. Contractors are evaluating the integrity of the ice plant.
Dave Barr Community Centre was evacuated early this afternoon out of concern for a possible ammonia leak.
An alarm light went off at 12:50 p.m., alerting the fire department, and a smell was detected, but so far the cause for the alarm has not been found.
There have been no reports of illness after everyone in the building left, including participants in the Out of School program.
They were taken to the Lion’s Learning Centre across the parking lot.