One person has been taken to hospital following an explosion and fire in the city near 100 Street and 128 Avenue.
Just before 11:00 on August 18th the Grande Prairie Fire Department responded to a report of an explosion. Firefighters arrived to find a 500-pound propane tank engulfed in flames. The fire also spread to a nearby excavator.
Firefighters extinguished the excavator and cooled other nearby propane tanks until the propane fire had burned itself out.
The fire department and Occupational Health and Safety are currently conducting an investigation.