Listen Live
HomeNewsEveryone safe after Mountview house fire

Everyone safe after Mountview house fire

A Mountview home has been extensively damaged by fire and smoke. A fire broke out in the basement of a house at 114th Avenue and 95th Street just before 8 p.m. Friday night.

Grande Prairie firefighters were able to control the blaze quickly, but smoke billowed through the rest of the house. People living there say the downstairs was gutted by flames, and smoke has permeated the upper levels.

One person was home at the time but managed to escape safely. The fire is under investigation, but isn’t considered suspicious.

The fire department reminds residents to change the batteries in their smoke detectors regularly and replace any older than 10 years.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading

You found me!