Listen Live
HomeNewsGrande Plaza Condos fire started in microwave

Grande Plaza Condos fire started in microwave

- Advertisement -

Grande Prairie residents are being reminded to keep a close eye on their cooking over the holidays after a fire broke out in an apartment’s kitchen Sunday night. Acting platoon chief Matthew Mann says the fire started in a microwave and quickly spread to the cabinets above it.

The people living in the Grande Plaza Condos suite were able to contain the blaze with a portable fire extinguisher, and the Grande Prairie Fire Department was called in to make sure it was fully out and to get rid of some light smoke in the building. Mann adds that the amount of damage to the building was reduced by the tenants having a working smoke alarm.

- Advertisement -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -

Continue Reading