Listen Live
HomeNewsWork underway on Valleyview recreation facility

Work underway on Valleyview recreation facility

Representatives from the MD of Greenview and the town of Valleyview were on hand yesterday to break ground on a new $31 million recreational facility for the community. Designs for the new Valleyview Regional Recreation Facility, or the Valleyview Multiplex, were drawn up earlier this year.

The facility will include an aquatics area with a 25 metre pool and the capacity for 350 people. It will have a field house that will be able to accommodate basketball, volleyball, badminton, and gymnastics. There will also be a commercial kitchen, a walking track, a children’s play area, and a fitness centre.

An agreement was made between the MD of Greenview and the town of Valleyview last year for the MD to cover 80 per cent of the capital and operating costs, while the town will foot the bill for the other 20 per cent. Several years prior a needs assessment survey in the community found that 92 per cent of respondents wanted some kind of indoor aquatics facility.

Construction on the multiplex is expected to be complete by the summer of 2017.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading