Listen Live
HomeNewsSmoking linked to Pinnacle deck fire

Smoking linked to Pinnacle deck fire

Cigarettes are believed to be what sparked yet another fire in Grande Prairie. The local fire department responded to a fire on the deck of a home in the south side of Pinnacle around 2 a.m. this morning.

The blaze had spread up the vinyl siding of the home into the roof but thanks to the quick thinking of the people at home at the time, it was put out with a garden hose. Firefighters double checked it was extinguished and confirmed no one was injured.

Acting captain Brad Ramer reminds smokers to only put their cigarettes out in non-combustible containers, adding that the organic matter in planters and potted plants can smoulder and help spread a fire.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading