Listen Live
HomeNewsCigarette sparks Hillside house fire

Cigarette sparks Hillside house fire

The Grande Prairie Fire Department arrived in time to douse a porch fire before it could spread too far into the attic of a Hillside home early this morning.

Fire crews arrived at the fourplex in the area of 92 Street and 101 Avenue shortly before 6 am where they found the flames spreading up the porch towards the roof.

Five people were home at the time but firefighters were able to wake and evacuate them safely. The fire was brought under control and all damage was contained to the exterior of the home.

Fire Marshal James Kostuk says the fire was sparked by a cigarette.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading