Grande Prairie and area residents are being urged to register to take part in a special COVID-19 telephone town hall with all three levels of government. It will be hosted by the Business Resiliency Task-Force, a partnership between the City of Grande Prairie, County of Grande Prairie, and Grande Prairie and District Chamber of Commerce. It looks to provide an update and answer questions regarding COVID-19 and the re-opening of the economy.
Available to answer questions will be:
- Grande Prairie—Mackenzie MP Chris Warkentin
- Finance Minister & Grande Prairie—Wapiti MLA Travis Toews
- Grande Prairie MLA Tracy Allard
- City of Grande Prairie Mayor Bill Given
- County of Grande Prairie Reeve Leanne Beaupre
- Town of Beaverlodge Mayor Gary Rycroft
- Town of Sexsmith Mayor Kate Potter
- Grande Prairie & District Chamber of Commerce Chair Larry Gibson
The town hall is expected to run from 6 to 7:30 p.m. on May 11th. Participants must register by 3 p.m. the day of to be able to pre-submit questions or ask live during the call.
More information and links to registration can be found on the Chamber’s website.