â–º Listen Live
HomeNewsCounsellors in place to help students affected by fatal school bus crash

Counsellors in place to help students affected by fatal school bus crash

Peace River School Division is taking action to help students at schools affected by this morning’s fatal crash involving School Bus 369.

14 students between 8 and 18 years old were on board when the bus crashed into a semi truck on Highway 35, north of Grimshaw at approximately 8:20 a.m.

The driver was killed, and 13 students are being treated at local hospitals with minor scrapes, bruises and cuts, broken bones and a head injury.

One student and the 36 year old male driver of the semi were airlifted to hospital in Edmonton with non-life threatening injuries.

- Advertisement -

Letters are being sent home with students at Kennedy Elementary School, Grimshaw High School, and Holy Catholic School and counsellors are on site to provide support for students and staff in the coming days.

Superintendent Paul Bennett has expressed condolences on behalf of the school division, and thanked the emergency responders who supported and treated the bus driver and injured students.

Peace River MP Chris Warkentin has also extended his condolences on behalf of Peace Country resident, adding that the community stands with the students and semi driver as they recover.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading