International Paper awards nine local groups with $95k in grants
International Paper's location south of Grande Prairie (Erica Fisher, MyGrandePrairieNow.com staff)
Nine groups in and around Grande Prairie have received $95,000 in grants from International Paper’s Grande Prairie mill.
“We are pleased to support local organizations in their efforts to make a difference,” said Mill Manager Chuck Rutledge. “Our company cannot succeed if our communities do not succeed, and these grants are an investment in our family, friends and neighbors.”
This year’s grant recipients are listed below:
• 3D Children’s Society – Health & Wellness
• Bezanson School Booster Club – Health & Wellness
• Hythe Regional School – Education
• Community Village Society of the Peace Country – Health & Wellness
• Ecole St. Gerard Playground Fundraising Society – Health & Wellness
• Grande Prairie & District Burn Society – Education & Health & Wellness
• Hillside Community School – Education
• KidSport – Health & Wellness
• River of Death & Discovery Dinosaur Museum Society
Grants are awarded annually and applications for next year’s grants will be accepted online until August 31st, 2020. Organizations can find out if they are eligible for the grants by visiting International Paper’s website.