The City of Grande Prairie will be starting residential snow removal on November 13th, and with it, a number of parking bans will al be put into place.
Officials say the snow removal process takes place in two-week rotations from Monday to Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
The city says snow will be removed from the following neighbourhoods on the following days:
- Monday: Crystal Heights, Crystal Landing, Hillside, Ivy Lake Estates, Mountview, Summit, VLA/Montrose.
- Tuesday: Country Club Estates, Countryside North and South, Country Club West, Patterson and South Patterson, Southview, and Signature Falls.
- Wednesday: Avondale, Cobblestone, College Park, Fieldbrook, Highland Park, Riverstone, Smith, Swanavon.
- Thursday: Mission Heights, O’Brien Lake, Pinnacle Ridge, Stone Ridge, and Westpointe.
- Friday: Arbour Hills, Copperwood, Crystal Lake Estates, Crystal Ridge, Gateway, Lakeland, Northridge, and Royal Oaks.
A parking ban on all priority 1 and 2 roads, including 100 Ave and 100 Street downtown will also begin on Wednesday. No vehicles will be allowed to park on the roadway between 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. until further notice.