RCMP in Spirit River is reminding firearm owners to practice safety measures after several bullet holes were found in a local residence.
Police were called to a property near Spirit River on Oct. 4 and when they arrived they observed several bullet holes in the residence. Authorities believe the bullet holes were a result of hunters shooting at wild game in the area.
Mounties have asked hunters across the province to keep several tips in mind when it comes to firearm safety.
Hunters are reminded:
· Always be aware of the direction that any firearm is being pointed
· Do not discharge a weapon within 183 m (200 Yards) of any occupied building.
· Do not discharge any firearm along or across any highway.
· Do not hunt any wildlife or discharge a firearm one-half hour after sunset and one-half hour before sunrise.
· Do not hunt if you are impaired by alcohol or drugs.