Listen Live
HomeNewsDawson Creek mobile home fire sparked by space heater

Dawson Creek mobile home fire sparked by space heater

Flammable materials kept too close to a space heater is likely what caused a fire that put a Dawson Creek family out of a home less than a week before Christmas.

Late in the afternoon on December 20th, firefighters found heavy smoke and fire inside the single wide.

It turns out the fire had started in the laundry room, and was spreading into the ceiling space and other rooms.

Crews had difficulty controlling the blaze, as there were electrical issues caused by the fire and multiple roofs to deal with.

- Advertisement -

In the end, the laundry room was completely destroyed, and the rest of the home suffered extreme smoke and water damage.

Residents are reminded that space heaters are not a reliable alternative to central heating.

If you use one, make sure to leave enough room around combustible materials.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading