An accident using a cutting torch was responsible for sparking a fire in a portable sewage treatment facility earlier today.
County firefighters responded to the blaze in the Crossroads South Industrial Park around 11:15 a.m. and were able to get it under control within 15 minutes.
16 firefighters from the Clairmont, Dunes, andSexsmith stations spent two hours on the scene.
Deputy Chief Trevor Grant says the inside of the camp shack was significantly damaged but crews were able to keep the fire from spreading to other nearby structures.
No injuries were reported.
Photo courtesy Lester Vallevand