Whispering Ridge School deemed safe after smell of natural gas
Whispering Ridge Community School (Emma Mason, MyGrandePrairieNow.com staff)
Whispering Ridge Community School was briefly evacuated Tuesday after classes had let out for the day. Peace Wapiti Public School Division says an odour that smelled like natural gas was noticed by staff around 3:50 p.m.
As a precaution, ATCO Gas made sure all staff and any remaining students got out of the building. They were able to return by 4:45 p.m. after ATCO determined it was safe to be inside. A reason for the smell hasn’t been given.