Listen Live
HomeNewsThreat against High Prairie school made on social media

Threat against High Prairie school made on social media

- Advertisement -

A threat to a school in High Prairie appears to have been dealt with quickly. High Prairie RCMP says it heard about a threat made by a student on Facebook just before midnight Sunday night.

“RCMP take complaints of this nature seriously and will take immediate action to ensure public safety is not compromised,” says Corporal Chris Warren.

An investigation is still ongoing, but police believe they found the person responsible and say there is no threat to the school. Principal of St. Andrew’s School Marc Lamoureux echoed that in a post on the school’s Facebook page Monday morning, confirming the K to 12 school would open as usual with regular classes running.

“Thank you to all that have reached out to the RCMP and to the school to support safety for our kids.”

- Advertisement -

No charges have been laid so far. We have reached out to the Holy Family Catholic Regional Division for comment.

St. Andrew’s School had a similar scare in February 2018 when it received a verbal bomb threat. The building was evacuated but classes resumed the next day.

https://www.facebook.com/StAndrewsSchoolHFCRD/posts/1621217841318276?__xts__%5B0%5D=68.ARBf5qx-jepTFwEER5bYNxbOOpHPGzjQWnifJs6IS_CJ8cjjsVamFXlkzff3BoST_vDLD9aBRz5E8-0omB7WPeann-vmLXPTVrgI1_O53qYV6tkXdMa-HE-ZPVlFarmuTEstE5e5esXZIted3bI8E4CkiRYg-UH2avL2rH4bk6uhBrrGMGvcEw&__tn__=-R

- Advertisement -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -

Continue Reading