Listen Live
HomeNewsResident wakes from heat of early morning fire

Resident wakes from heat of early morning fire

An early morning fire in Pinnacle started in a bedroom and heat from the flames woke a sleeping female before a smoke alarm did. The Monday morning blaze was on the second floor and was under control in about 15 minutes. Two engines and one ladder responded and crews were able to contain the fire to the one bedroom.

Four other people were also asleep in the home and were awakened by the smoke detector. They tried to put out the fire but couldn’t and called 911 before exiting the house.

When leaving the home the people escaping closed the door to the bedroom with the fire. Platoon Chief Tony Lutzmann says that prevented a lot of damage.

“Always close doors behind you as you exit to escape a fire. Doors will help limit the spread of the fire by acting as a barrier to fire and smoke. As always, working smoke alarms are your first line of defense to safely escape a fire.”

- Advertisement -

The female who was asleep in the room where the fire started was treated at the scene for minor burns. The fire is currently under investigation and is not considered suspicious. Damage is estimated at $7,500.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading