A fire in an Ivy Lake garage Sunday morning appears to have started on a snowmobile. The Grande Prairie Fire Department was called to the detached garage on fire just before 11 a.m. and found the Ski-Doo fully engulfed in flames.
Despite reported difficulties from snow covered roads, firefighters were able to bring the fire under control within 15 minutes. However, it caused extensive damage to the garage and moderate damage to the home nearby.
The fire department says the blaze was caused by someone mishandling a flammable liquid close to a radiant heat source. Everyone inside the home made it out safely and no injuries have been reported.