Listen Live
HomeNewsMan burned in propane explosion

Man burned in propane explosion

- Advertisement -

The Grande Prairie Fire Department responded to fires at both a holiday trailer and home Wednesday afternoon. Firefighters were called to Happy Trails Campground and Cabins around 4 p.m. and found the trailer engulfed in flames had been moved to an empty field so the fire didn’t spread to nearby campers.

Acting platoon chief Lee Clandinin says there had been a propane explosion and a man was taken to the QEII Hospital with burns. An update on his condition isn’t available.

Fire trucks were then called to a home in Country Club West where a BBQ on a second story deck had caught fire and spread to the house. By the time the fire department had arrived, the flames had been put out and no injuries were reported.

An investigation into both fires is still underway. There’s no estimates yet on how much damage was done.

- Advertisement -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -

Continue Reading