Listen Live
HomeNewsFire guts basement of South Avondale home

Fire guts basement of South Avondale home

Two young families are reportedly without a home after a fire early Saturday morning. The Grande Prairie Fire Department responded to the house across from Harry Balfour School on 108th Avenue just before 1:45 a.m.

Platoon Chief Steve Larsen says they were able to quickly knock down the fire in the basement. People home at the time were able to get out safely, as they were alerted by a working smoke detector.

ReRuns Thrift Store has posted a request for donations for a young mother and her two children living in the basement on its Facebook page, saying they’ve lost everything. There are additional reports on social media that another young mother and her daughter were renting out the upstairs of the house. The windows of the home have since been boarded up.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading