November 13-19 is National Addictions Awareness week. There are several events going on in Grande Prairie that you can participate in to help this great cause.
1. Visit the Eastlink Centre for the entire month of November, and read and follow the great wellness advice on your wristband.
2. Are you studying at the college? Watch for us on November 16th- we’ll be passing out mocktails and mocktail recipes!
3. On Thursday the 17th, catch a screening of a couple cool short films. Starting at 7:00pm, you can participate by heading down to the Pomeroy office on 100 avenue.
4. On Saturday the 19th, join members of our community in the 2nd annual sobriety walk- Walking the Red Road. The walk starts from the Salvation Army at 3:30, but come early from 1:00-3:00 for an open house. The walk will take us to the Friendship Centre, where a pipe ceremony, feast, and round dance will follow!
5. On November 22nd, join us and HIV North for a presentation about Fentanyl & take home Naloxone kits at 6:00pm.
6. Going to be in Grande Cache on November 24th? Join in on the FASD awareness day events taking place.
7. Follow us and Alberta Health Services on social media, and use the tips and information to start a conversation with your kids, friends, and in your workplace.