RCMP are looking for a suspect in a break and enter that happened in late June. A wallet was stolen from a vehicle in the rural Grande Prairie area on June 28th.
The bank cards inside were later used to fraudulently buy gas at various stations in the region. The suspect is a woman and police are hoping someone may recognize her from surveillance footage.
If you have any information as to their identity contact the Grande Prairie RCMP or Crime Stoppers to remain anonymous.
RCMP offer the following tips to protect your property from theft:
– Always lock the doors when leaving your vehicle.
– Ensure valuables are out of sight if left in your vehicle during the day.
– Do not leave valuables in your vehicle overnight.
– Do not leave loose change inside of your vehicle.
– An alarm is an effective deterrent.
– Do not leave remote controlled garage door openers in your vehicle overnight.