Hey Grande Prairie!
My name is Daniel Haynes and I own Senseless Float.
I’ve been given the opportunity to start a blog and I must say I’m both nervous and excited. I’m not a writer by any means so expect to see some run on sentences and grammatical errors J My intentions are to help inform people on whatfloating is but more importantly what floating can be for you. We have been open for a month now and already have some incredible stories to share. I have the pleasure of sharing this experience and my life with my beautiful girlfriend Tena and amazing son Radek. Without them this wouldn’t be possible or even worth it.
So what is floating? Floating or Sensory Deprivation is the act of letting go of all outside forms of stimulus. While floating in 10 inches of water that has 1000 pounds of Epson’s salts super saturated in it you float effortlessly in the top few inches of the water. I know, I know it sounds strange and yes its more than just filling up your tub with some salts and kicking back J. When you’re in the tank you will be in complete darkness and in as quiet of an environment as we can possibly provide. We also heat the water to 93.5f to match your skin receptacle neutral, which makes it difficult for you to tell where your body ends and the water begin.
So what does that actually do? When you limit the sense of taste, sight, touch, and hearing and take away the forces of gravity something truly unique happens. I could say it’s the same as dancing in space without moving your feet, or describe it as a massage, yoga, chiropractic care, and chocolate dessert all wrapped into one but you would still be left not truly knowing what this therapy feels like because you simply have not experienced it.
In the tank your body depresses and it roughly half an inch longer than when you’re standing up outside of the tank as there will be no force on your spine. You start to drift off thinking about your day perhaps or maybe about nothing. All the resource’s you have available to process sight, sounds, touch outside of the tank are used for self-healing inside of the tank. Some clients come in dealing with chronic pain daily and come back the following week saying they pain didn’t come back for 5 days!! This to me is incredible if you are that person living with the pain.
For myself it has shown me that there is another way to feel in life. It’s hard to describe but when I float I go to another place deep within myself. When I come out my endorphins are at such I high that I can stop smiling. I’ve learned to realize that stress is always going to be there but I can choose how I want to deal with it and let it affect me. As much as I will try to, I know it’s so hard to put into words, as you don’t know what you don’t know. And floating is an art, an experience, a lifestyle choice. Did you know how much you liked your favorite food before trying it? Did you know much love you could possibly have for another human being before having a child? Probably not but once you have had that experience it’s hard to think about not feeling that way again and that’s what floating is for me.
Please if you have any questions at all reach out to us at [email protected]
But in the mean time have a look at this list and see if floating might be able to help you find your bliss.
Benefits of Gravity Reduction
- Pain Relief & Injury Recovery – Expediting healing in broken bones, expediting healing in sprained joints, relief from back pain, relief from neck pain, spinal alignment, structural alignment
- Medical Conditions- Arthritis, Scoliosis, Fibromyalgia,
- Athletic Training – Lactic acid reduction, improved reaction time, physical recovery
- Pregnancy- by flipping onto the stomach, all the weight of the baby can be effectively removed from the mother’s body.
- Injury Recovery – Injuries have been shown to heal up to twice as fast when floating, with a gradually diminishing effect for several days after.
- Strengthened Immune System
Benefits of Sensory Deprivation
- Stress Relief
- Emotional Pain Relief – PTSD Psychological Therapy
- Jet Lag
- Addiction – Painkillers, Smoking, Alcohol, Narcotics
- Enhanced Creativity
- Hemispheric Brain-wave synchronicity
- Super learning – skill acquisition, language acquisition, memorization
- Susceptibility to hypnosis & increased suggestibility
- Overall Well Being
Benefits of Epsom Salt (Magnesium Sulphate)
- Skin & Hair Health – despite soaking in water loaded with salt, you won’t come out dehydrated or pruned up.
- Muscle and Joint Soreness
Benefits from the Magnesium
Approximately 85% of Canadians are Magnesium deficient. We use Magnesium to:
- Regulate and catalyze over 300 enzymes
- Facilitate Calcium absorption
- Prevent Diabetes
- Prevent Asthma
- Prevent Osteoporosis
- Prevent Stroke
- Prevent heart Attack
- Shorten Migraine symptoms
- Lessen the severity of PMS
[cma-question-form cat=sensory-deprivation title=1 backlink=0]