Update: County of Grande Prairie Regional Fire service attended a natural gas leak in the Clairmont area around 5:20pm on Monday February 29th. Crews found that a natural gas line had been damaged. After the leak was secured and air quality readings were safe, all people were allowed to return back into their homes. 108B Avenue has now been reopened.
Fire crews are one the scene of a gas leak in the Clairmont area. They have confirmed there was a natural gas leak coming from a resident on 108B Avenue.
The street is temporarily closed and as a precaution, neighbouring homes have been evacuated. People are advised not to go to that area.
Fire crews are currently helping the gas company and have secured the perimeter.
There have been no injuries.