Listen Live
HomeNewsBoiler malfunction causes condo fire

Boiler malfunction causes condo fire

- Advertisement -

A fire in a condo late last night was started by a malfunctioning boiler. The Grande Prairie Fire Department responded to the blaze at a four storey condo in Grande Prairie around 11:15 Friday.

When they got there, firefighters found that ruptured hot water registers had caused a large plume of steam, leading to damage to the boiler and hot water heaters. Power and gas was shut down so they could safely put out the flames.

As the fire happened so late at night, a city bus was called to the scene so the people displaced from the condo could keep warm. The building’s owners are working with a contractor to get heat restored.

Fortunately, no one was injured.

- Advertisement -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -

Continue Reading