Listen Live
HomeNewsOverheated machine causes fire at Canfor sawmill

Overheated machine causes fire at Canfor sawmill

It’s estimated $25,000 to $50,000 worth of damage was done to the Canfor mill by a fire this morning. Firefighters responded to an alarm around 9:40 a.m. Monday.

At that point Canfor employees had already evacuated the building and the inside of the mill was smoky. The sprinkler system had been triggered by a fire that was smouldering.

The Fire Department was on scene for about three hours putting out spot fired and a hidden one that had spread into the wall. Platoon Chief Tony Lutzmann says it was caused by an overheated bearing in the machinery.

Fortunately, the sprinklers stopped it from quickly spreading.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading

You found me!