Listen Live
HomeNewsGrease fire sparks early morning evacuation at Ranchlands

Grease fire sparks early morning evacuation at Ranchlands

- Advertisement -

Residents of a Ranchlands building in Patterson were evacuated from their homes this morning after a fire broke out in a ground floor apartment.

The Grande Prairie Fire Department responded to reports of smoke and flames coming from the building on 96 Street and Prairie Road shortly after 1:30 this morning. The first crews on scene knocked the flames down and contained the damage to the suite that the fire started in.

The fire was declared under control before 2 am and residents of unaffected suites were allowed back into their apartments around 3 am. The residents of the damaged suite were able to get out without injury.

It’s believed the fire was caused by a grease fire on the stove. No damage estimate is yet available.

- Advertisement -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -

Continue Reading