Listen Live
HomeNewsEarly morning fire sparked by unattended cooking

Early morning fire sparked by unattended cooking

Extensive fire damage was done to a third floor apartment in the Ranchlands Apartment Complex early this morning. The Grande Prairie Fire Department was called to the home in building 7 around 2:45 am.

The fire started when a man was cooking using grease and fell asleep, leaving the stove unattended. The grease ignited, sparking the fire in the kitchen.

The two adults and two children in the suite were evacuated along with the rest of the residents of the building, but not before the woman living in the apartment suffered minor burns and smoke inhalation as she was waking the family. She was taken to hospital and will remain there overnight.

The fire was brought under control around 3:40 am. Some minor water damage done to the suite below but no other apartments in the building were damaged.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading

You found me!