Listen Live
HomeNewsUPDATE: No injuries reported in in collision involving a school bus near...

UPDATE: No injuries reported in in collision involving a school bus near Berwyn

UPDATE: According to a statement from the Peace River School Division and the Holy Family Catholic Regional Division the bus driver evacuated the students on board, from Holy Family School and Grimshaw Public School, to a safe location, and followed safety procedures. Everyone involved in the collision was advised to visit a local hospital as a precaution.

According to the statement “both school divisions commend the bus driver and all first responders for ensuring the safety of our students.”

According to the school divisions mental health supports will be made available to students involved in the collision.

Officials say no one was injured in a collision Wednesday morning between a pickup truck and a school bus. According to RCMP, members from the Peace River detachment were called to the incident, at Highway 2 and 50th Ave, around 8:36 a.m. on April 5th. According to police, the Peace River School Division bus involved was carrying around 50 students.

According to posts on social media by the school division, parents and guardians of the students who were on the bus are being contacted.

“All necessary precautions are being taken at the scene to keep our students safe,” says the post from the school division.

Police say initial reports indicate there was heavy fog in the area at the time of the collision.